Electricity usage is one of the highest operating expenses the hotel industry incurs. The cost of electricity has risen drastically in the past few years and will only continue to rise. Conservation is quickly becoming the cheapest and easiest solution to the problem. On average, 90% of wasted electricity usage comes from the guestroom, which can be your property’s most unmanaged resource. Your guestroom’s Air Conditioning/Heating (HVAC) system can represent 70% – 90% of that wasted electricity. The ECOSYSTEM solution manages energy reduction in any environment with a HVAC, allowing a hotel to save 25% to 40% on their (HVAC) costs.
ECOSYSTEM: is made up of 3 components and intelligently controls the HVAC in the hotel room.
|HVAC Control Module (The Brains)||Wireless Passive Infrared sensor looks like a smoke detector)||Wireless Door Sensor|
ECOSYSTEM is also available in a wired version
ECOSYSTEM uses advanced wireless technology which makes installation very simple. The system was engineered for the worldwide market and easily adapts to any hotel, regardless of construction or HVAC type. Installation can be accomplished in approximately 45 minutes ensuring your guest rooms remain available for sale.
How It All Works
- ECOSYSTEM is capable of detecting whether or not a guestroom is occupied through information transmitted to the HVAC Control Module by the Passive Infrared Detector and Micro Door Sensor.
- When a guestroom is occupied, ECOSYSTEM allows the guest to have full control over all temperature settings.
- If the ECOSYSTEM detects an unoccupied guestroom, HVAC operation becomes regulated by the HVAC Control Module, which initiates your energy-saving settings, i.e. Temperature set back etc
- Unoccupied guestroom temperatures are pre-determined by hotel management allowing control over electricity usage while still maintaining maximum guestroom comfort levels.
Here Is An Example
Room is Occupied
- Guest Enters the room and the door micro switch ‘knows’ the room is occupied
- Movement Detector (disguised as a smoke a detector), detects movement
- System is in “occupied” mode so guest has full control of heating and cooling
Later on, say your guest goes out for dinner…
- Guest Leaves the room and the door micro switch ‘knows’ someone may have left the room
- Motion detector ‘looks’ for movement for next 30 minutes (duration set by property). If movement is detected, system remains in “occupied” mode. If no movement is detected…
- System is in “unoccupied” mode and turns off or resets HVAC to a temperature pre-set by the property
- Save 25% – 40% on air conditioning and heating costs
- Return On Investment (ROI) in as little as 6 to 24 months
- Does not compromise guest comfort
- Wireless plug-and-play installation regardless of construction type
- Increases HVAC life span by reducing usage
Features Of ECOSYSTEM
- Housekeeping Mode On/Off: – Option to Switch off HVAC operation if Main door is left open for more than 5 minutes. (Used when housekeepers are cleaning rooms)
- When Room is unoccupied, ECOSYSTEM will turn on HVAC for 15 Minutes every 2 hours, thus allowing the air to circulate in the Guest rooms not causing “stuffy” rooms and prolonging furniture life due to prevention of Mildew build-up
- Temperature Set back Mode On/Off: – Allows Hotels to maintain room Temperatures. A Selection of 4 Temperature setbacks can be selected
- Deep Set back Setting Mode On/Off: – If a Room is unoccupied for more than 24 Hours, the Hotel has the option of increasing the Set back temperature or reverting the system to off mode (Useful when rooms are not occupied for a period of time)
- Balcony Door Control by adding additional Wireless Sensors. Up to 6 Wireless sensors can be added to one controller. The balcony door sensor can turn off the A/C automatically when the balcony door is opened